This granola is easy, yummy, versatile and fit for any adventure. I started experimenting with granola some time ago and this is my favorite blend. In our house, some like it with milk as cereal and others snack on it by the handful. Whether looking for a simple breakfast, hiking a trail or traveling across country, this is a great recipe to have in your box...
6 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of salted butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
1/2 cup of honey
* OPTIONAL 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and prepare a 9 x 12 pan by lining it with parchment.
2. In a large pot melt the stick of butter and remove from heat.
3. Stir in honey followed by the salt, brown sugar and flour until smooth. This takes about a minute with a whisk.
4. Stir in the oats until coated.
5. Spread the granola into the prepared pan and lightly tamp it down.
6. Bake it for 20 minutes on the center rack.
7. Remove it from the oven and gently mess around and immediately return it to the oven.
8. Turn up the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes. Until golden.
9. Remove it from the oven and cool it in the pan.
10. Let it cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
You can add raisins, sliced almonds, dried cherries, dried cranberries, etc. to make it more interesting. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply.